Top 10 Survival Tips For Your Next Tech Week
Written by Tiffany Weagly-Wilkie
December 22, 2016
Trust us…you’re gonna need this stuff.
Starbucks: Caffeine Caffeine Caffeine
You’ve got some long rehearsal days ahead, so Starbucks is going to be your best friend.
With 12 Hour Cue to Cues, this is not the time to dress to impress.
We all try to eat healthy when we can, but let’s face it, at some point, you’re going to get the munchies. Time for a fast food run.
Pillows and blankets
You’re in scene 12. The director is spending two hours working on just scene 3. This is the perfect time for a rehearsal nap.
Assignment Extensions – Wait …
You mean there’s classes outside of theater? And they expect you to do regular homework during during tech week?
When you’ve lost track of how many hours you’ve actually been awake.
All those hours of dancing in character shoes are sure to leave blisters on your feet.
Because something’s gotta get that stage make-up off your face.
Lots of Deodorant
Your cast-mates will thank you for this one.
Your Theatre Department BFF
Because at the end of a long rehearsal, you’re gonna need a good hug.
A Gallon of Purell
That much work, with that little sleep, around that many other people, the germs will be passed around faster than you can say MacBe – (Oops!) The Scottish Play.
You’ve survived tech week! You earned it.
Like articles like this? Check out more below!
- 10 Amazing Feelings You’ve Had As A Theatre Kid
- 10 Times Patti LuPone Totally Got You
- Statements That Make Theatre Kids Cringe
- 10 Experiences Actors Have (That May Baffle Non-Actors)
- Ten Scariest Broadway Villains
- The 15 Worst Kinds of Theatre People
- The Ten Commandments for Actors
- You Might Be a Theatre Kid If…
Need audition material? Check out our suggestions below!
- Top 10 Contemporary Male Audition Cuts
- 10 Monologues for Women Who Speak Their Mind
- 10 Female Monologues From Love-Sick Characters
- 10 Monologues from Male Characters: Fathers, Brothers, and Sons
- 10 Monologues for People Who Have a Bone to Pick
- 10 Great Monologues from LGBTQ-Identifying Characters
- 10 Monologues for Characters Who Have Theatre on the Brain
- 10 Male Monologues from Characters Dealing With Death
- Guys: 25 Wow-Able Solos from Broadway’s Golden Age
- Ladies: 25 Wow-Able Solos from Broadway’s Golden Age