Bobby Baby! 16- Musical Theatre Trios for Females
Written by Tiffany Wilkie
October 19, 2017
1. “You Could Drive a Person Crazy” from Company
Kathy, Marta, and April (Andrews Sisters-style) chastise Bobby for his reluctance to commitment.
2. “That’s Why I Love My Man” from Great American Trailer Park Musical
Three girls sing about their devotion to their beaus.
3. “An Organized Life” from Vanities
Three best friends journey through high school, college and their professional life, as they remember all their adventures.
4.”I Want It All” from Baby
Pam, Lizzie, and Arlene sing about all wanting different things from life.
5. “Sing For Your Supper” from The Boys From Syracuse
Adriana, Luce, and Luciana encourage you to sing for your supper.
6. “The Negative” from Waitress
Jessie thinks she may be pregnant, but doesn’t want to know. Her two coworkers convince her to take a test.
7. “Shine Like the Sun” from 9 to 5
Doralee, Judy and Violet sing to their awful boss Hart about their issues with him and the problems in their own lives.
8. “Make Him Mine” from The Witches of Eastwick
Three girls sing about the kind of man they would like in their lives
9. “Why Are These Heads Off” from LIZZIE the Musical
The infamous story of Lizzie Borden told from the perspective an all female punk rock band.
10. “I Know it’s Today” from Shrek
Princess Fiona (played by 3 girls at various ages) contemplates being trapped in a tower while waiting for a Prince to rescue her.
11. “At the Ballet” from A Chorus Line
Sheila, Bebe, and Maggie sing about how being at the ballet moved them.
12. “Dream Girls” from Dream Girls
The Infamous Dream Girls sing their signature song.
13. “The Drive-In” from Nunsense
Three nuns: Amnesia, Robert Anne, and Leo then perform an Andrews Sisters-type number then show a “homemade convent film display”, which is shut off by Reverend Mother after it shows embarrassing clips of her.
14. “There’s Gotta Be Something Better Then This” from Sweet Charity
Three women who currently work as dancers lament on alternative careers.
15. “You Oughta Be Here With Me” from Big River
A song about mourning the loss of a father.
16. “The Schuyler Sisters” from Hamilton
The three Schuyler sisters sing about living in NYC.
Looking for more material? Check out our other stories below!
- Boo! 11 Spine-Chilling Broadway Inspired Halloween Costumes
- 7 Quick Halloween Costumes Using Stage Makeup
- 6 Creepy Witch Roles Actors Dream of Playing
- The Flyin’ Fightin’ Forties: 16 Female Solo Ideas From The WWII Era
- Guys: 25 MORE Wow-Able Solos From Broadway’s Golden Age
- Ladies: 25 MORE Wow-Able Solos From Broadway’s Golden Age
- Top 10 Contemporary Male Audition Cuts
- Top 10 Contemporary Female Audition Cuts
- Top 10 Traditional Male Audition Cuts
- 10 Monologues for Women Who Speak Their Mind
- 10 Female Monologues From Love-Sick Characters
- 10 Monologues from Male Characters: Fathers, Brothers, and Sons
- 10 Monologues for People Who Have a Bone to Pick
- 10 Great Monologues from LGBTQ-Identifying Characters
- 10 Monologues for Characters Who Have Theatre on the Brain
- 10 Male Monologues from Characters Dealing With Death
- Guys: 25 Wow-Able Solos from Broadway’s Golden Age
- Ladies: 25 Wow-Able Solos from Broadway’s Golden Age