Top 10 Contemporary Female Audition Cuts
Written by Andrea Canny
November 15, 2016
Continuing our series on audition cuts and full sheet music, we feature 10 powerful audition cuts to showcase the vocal ability, technique, and acting ability needed to book the powerhouse female roles of today.
1. “I’m Here” from The Color Purple
Here’s your chance to show that you can fill Cynthia Erivo’s shoes with this powerhouse song from The Color Purple.
2. “Bad Idea” from Waitress
Show off your character and vocal artistry in this Sara Bareilles song from Waitress.
3. “It Won’t Be Long Now” from In The Heights
A great song from Lin-Manuel’s stand out musical, In The Heights.
4. “Find Your Grail” from Spamalot
Show off your comedic skills and powerhouse belt with this Lady of the Lake signature song.
5. “Get Out and Stay Out” from 9 to 5
High belted notes…check. Passionate message…check. Great audition piece? Check!
6. “Ain’t Nothin’ But a Kiss” from Memphis
Knock ‘em out with this sassy, soulful uptempo from Memphis.
7. “Dance of the Robe” from Aida
This is a powerful piece from Elton John’s AIDA. Let it show off your vocal power and passion.
8. “A Summer In Ohio” from The Last 5 Years
Such fun can be had with this audition cut while you show off your comedic skills and vocals.
9. “Defying Gravity” from Wicked
It may be popular, but it sure does showcase what you can do!
10. “Let It Go” from Frozen
Give the auditor chills with your skill and passion in this contemporary cut.
Looking for more recommendations? We’ll be coming out with these soon!
- Top 10 Traditional Male Audition Cuts
- Top 10 Traditional Female Audition Cuts
- Top 10 Contemporary Male Solos
- Top 10 Contemporary Female Solos
Looking for more material? Check out our other stories below!
- Top 10 Contemporary Male Audition Cuts
- 10 Monologues for Women Who Speak Their Mind
- 10 Female Monologues From Love-Sick Characters
- 10 Monologues from Male Characters: Fathers, Brothers, and Sons
- 10 Monologues for People Who Have a Bone to Pick
- 10 Great Monologues from LGBTQ-Identifying Characters
- 10 Monologues for Characters Who Have Theatre on the Brain
- 10 Male Monologues from Characters Dealing With Death
- Guys: 25 Wow-Able Solos from Broadway’s Golden Age
- Ladies: 25 Wow-Able Solos from Broadway’s Golden Age