You Got Your First Major Role! But What Do You Do Next?
Written by Tatiana Rodriguez
June 28, 2017
We spend all of our time auditioning, until finally — we do it! We land the role of a lifetime! But what next? Here are several important steps toward owning your role and understanding yourself as an actor!
1. Read and research your show (if you haven’t already).
2. Take the time to learn about your character.
3. Ask questions/make sure you understand what you’re working on.
4. Prepare your schedule and organize your commitments.
5. Practice, practice, practice!
6. Let yourself make new discoveries.
7. Don’t stress yourself out.
8. Believe in what you’re doing.
Like articles like this? Check out more below!
- Broadway Photoshoots from Vogue We’re Drooling Over
- 10 Star Wars Roles We Wish We Could Play
- 10 Broadway Couples We Ship for Valentine’s Day
- Theatre Pickup Lines We’re DYING Over
- 10 Times Patti LuPone Totally Got You
- Statements That Make Theatre Kids Cringe
- 10 Experiences Actors Have (That May Baffle Non-Actors)
- Ten Scariest Broadway Villains
- The 15 Worst Kinds of Theatre People
- The Ten Commandments for Actors
- You Might Be a Theatre Kid If…