The Best 10 Faces of Tech Week
Written by Zachary Rivera
February 8, 2018
Ahh tech week — a time like no other. A time of stress, exhaustion, and hard work. If you’ve ever been a part of a show with a tech week, you’ll remember these ten faces.
1. The stage manager who is losing their patience
One of the people you should not test during this week. They are writing and programming cues like no tomorrow, and if something gets in their way you bet they will get rid of the problem.
2. The director who is all over the place
During Tech Week, the director needs to make sure everyone is doing their job and doing it well. Now that a tech team is thoroughly involved, it just adds more problems to their list!
3. The acting veteran
When tech week begins they know what is to come. They’ve been to tech week and back and they’re ready for more.
4. The newbie
They don’t know what is to come. They may have been warned, but they don’t believe it. They must experience it for themselves.
5. The props manager when nothing is in the right place
“If it isn’t yours don’t touch it” – You’re going to hear it a lot.
6. The costumer making adjustments
They need a needle and thread, a few safety pins, and every bit of your patience.
7. The lighting technician who is tired of reprogramming the cues
“You can just change that cue in the middle, right?” – Every director ever.
8. The sound tech who is running out of mics
And please don’t tap the mic.
9. The outsider who doesn’t know the effort you’re putting in
You can’t you have rehearsal.
10. The concerned friend
You know you’re okay, but to everyone else, you’re stressed, exhausted, and kinda scary.
Like articles like this? Check out more below!
- 11 Things You’ve Experienced Being in the Ensemble
- 12 Times Broadway Soundtracks Made Us Cry Ugly Tears
- 10 Star Wars Roles We Wish We Could Play
- 10 Broadway Couples We Ship for Valentine’s Day
- Theatre Pickup Lines We’re DYING Over
- 10 Times Patti LuPone Totally Got You
- Statements That Make Theatre Kids Cringe
- 10 Experiences Actors Have (That May Baffle Non-Actors)
- Ten Scariest Broadway Villains
- The 15 Worst Kinds of Theatre People
- The Ten Commandments for Actors
- You Might Be a Theatre Kid If…