Audition Song Recommendations for Catch Me if You Can by Character
Written by Tiffany Wilkie
September 20, 2018
If you’re auditioning for Catch Me If You Can soon, explore these foxy audition numbers perfect for every role!
Auditioning for Frank Abagnale Jr. (Tenor)
The conniving protagonist, he is a handsome and youthful con artist. Grew up learning to disappear into another skin to avoid his problems. He eventually falls in love with Brenda and desperately tries to change his ways.
1. “Ladies Choice” from Hairspray
2. “Perfect for You” from Next to Normal
Auditioning for Carl Hanratty (Tenor)
An FBI agent leading the investigation and search for Frank Jr. A knowledgeable and habitual workaholic who idolizes the moment he catches his perp. Lives a private life of loneliness and depression.
3. “The Music of My Soul” from Memphis
4. “Jailhouse Rock” from All Shook Up
Auditioning for Frank Abagnale, Sr. (Baritone)
Frank Jr.’s father. He is an inspiration when it comes to swindling. Upbeat and fast-talking, he undergoes a series of progressive failures that leaves him a miserable drunk.
5. “Timeless to Me” from Hairspray
6. “Luck Be a Lady” from Guys and Dolls
Auditioning for Paula Abagnale (Mezzo)
Frank Jr.’s gorgeous mother. She met Frank Sr. in France, during the war, but has fallen out of love. Caring and loving, with an underlying resentment toward her husband and son.
7. “Two Men in Life” from Big Fish
8. “Knowing When To Leave” from Promises, Promises
Auditioning for Brenda Strong (Mezzo)
A young nurse and Frank Jr.’s eventual love interest. Hard-working and initially insecure, she meets Frank Jr. after running away from a wedding. Comes to trust him but his true identity clouds her feelings.
9. “I Can Hear the Bells” from Hairspray
10. “Fools Fall in Love” from All Shook Up
Auditioning for Carol Strong (Mezzo)
Brenda’s traditional mother. She is talkative and boisterous.
11. “Here I Am from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
12. “All That Matters” from Finding Neverland
Auditioning for Roger Strong (Baritone)
Brenda’s conservative father. He is stern and interrogatory, but reveals himself to be deeply romantic.
13. “They Were You” from The Fantasticks
14. “Earth Angel” by The Crew Cuts
Looking for more material? Check out our other stories below!
- Top Standout Audition Songs for Shrek the Musical
- Fantastic Song Suggestions for The Addams Family Auditions
- Bobby Baby! 16 Musical Theatre Trios for Females
- The Flyin’ Fightin’ Forties: 16 Female Solo Ideas From The WWII Era
- Guys: 25 MORE Wow-Able Solos From Broadway’s Golden Age
- Ladies: 25 MORE Wow-Able Solos From Broadway’s Golden Age
- Top 10 Contemporary Male Audition Cuts
- Top 10 Contemporary Female Audition Cuts
- Top 10 Traditional Male Audition Cuts
- 10 Monologues for Women Who Speak Their Mind
- 10 Female Monologues From Love-Sick Characters
- 10 Monologues from Male Characters: Fathers, Brothers, and Sons
- 10 Monologues for People Who Have a Bone to Pick
- 10 Great Monologues from LGBTQ-Identifying Characters
- 10 Monologues for Characters Who Have Theatre on the Brain
- 10 Male Monologues from Characters Dealing With Death
- Guys: 25 Wow-Able Solos from Broadway’s Golden Age
- Ladies: 25 Wow-Able Solos from Broadway’s Golden Age