“Stop! Wait! What?!” Audition selections for A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder
Written by Leryn Turlington
March 25, 2020
Get ready to knock ‘em dead with these audition options for A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder.
Auditioning for Montague “Monty” D’Ysquith Navarro (baritone)
Handsome, clever, charismatic, vulnerable, and endearing. Discovers he is in line to become the Earl of Highhurst and intends to kill off the family that stands in his way.
“A Man Could Go Quite Mad” from The Mystery of Edwin Drood
“Agony” from Into the Woods
Auditioning for The D’Ysquith Family (baritone)
This actor plays multiple members of the D’Ysquith family ranging from an off-kilter priest to a closeted bee enthusiast to a lowly custodian. An excellent grasp of physical comedy, stamina, and skill is needed to accomplish this ever-changing role.
“In Praise of Women” from A Little Night Music
“Betrayed” from The Producers
Auditioning for Sibella Hallward (mezzo soprano)
A woman of wit, appeal, and style, Sibella will do anything to climb the social ladder and win the heart of Monty Navarro.
“Show Me” from My Fair Lady
“The Glamorous Life” from A Little Night Music
Auditioning for Phoebe D’Ysquith (soprano)
Monty’s virtuous, aristocratic cousin. She is earnest and innocent, but also well-read and “thinks a bit beyond her bonnets.” She is also vying for Monty’s affection.
“Mister Snow” from Carousel
“The Beauty Is” from The Light in the Piazza
Auditioning for Miss Shingle (soprano)
Housekeeper and governess to the D’Ysquith family for over thirty years, she is an eccentric and engaging storyteller who propels Monty on his journey to Earldom.
“Last Midnight” from Into the Woods
“Love is Always Lovely in the End” from The Drowsy Chaperone
Audition for Ensemble (all vocal types)
Ensemble roles with extreme range and skill to fill the environment with various relatives, maids, and townspeople of all social classes. May also understudy leading and supporting roles.
“Soon” from A Little Night Music
“Just You Wait” from My Fair Lady
“Gorgeous” from The Apple Tree
“The Miller’s Son” from A Little Night Music
“Master of the House” from Les Miserables
“Worst Pies in London” from Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street
“Never the Luck” from The Mystery of Edwin Drood
“Everybody Says Don’t” from Anyone Can Whistle
“Hello, Little Girl” from Into the Woods
“So In Love” from Kiss Me Kate
Listen to a Spotify Playlist of these audition songs here:
Looking for more material? Check out our other stories below!
- Top Standout Audition Songs for Shrek the Musical
- Fantastic Song Suggestions for The Addams Family Auditions
- Bobby Baby! 16 Musical Theatre Trios for Females
- The Flyin’ Fightin’ Forties: 16 Female Solo Ideas From The WWII Era
- Guys: 25 MORE Wow-Able Solos From Broadway’s Golden Age
- Ladies: 25 MORE Wow-Able Solos From Broadway’s Golden Age
- Top 10 Contemporary Male Audition Cuts
- Top 10 Contemporary Female Audition Cuts
- Top 10 Traditional Male Audition Cuts
- 10 Monologues for Women Who Speak Their Mind
- 10 Female Monologues From Love-Sick Characters
- 10 Monologues from Male Characters: Fathers, Brothers, and Sons
- 10 Monologues for People Who Have a Bone to Pick
- 10 Great Monologues from LGBTQ-Identifying Characters
- 10 Monologues for Characters Who Have Theatre on the Brain
- 10 Male Monologues from Characters Dealing With Death
- Guys: 25 Wow-Able Solos from Broadway’s Golden Age
- Ladies: 25 Wow-Able Solos from Broadway’s Golden Age