Five Ways to Mix-up Your Wardrobe for Auditions
Written by Becky Keeshin
August 8, 2017
Feel like you’re wearing the same two outfits at every single audition? And no matter how long you stare at your closet, nothing else appears? (Beside the atrocity that is now your bedroom floor). Here are a few ways to get creative with your audition fashion without spending a dime.
1. Add a jacket
2. Change out a skirt for pants or vice versa.
If you are starting to feel redundant in your go-to outfit, change up the bottom piece. And once you know what outfit works, you can continue to switch out tops and bottoms.
3. Tuck it in, tuck it out!
Try tucking in a shirt you usually wear out, or untucking that usual button down. You won’t know how something looks until you try it.
4. Change up patterns and colors.
Though it may seem scary, take a risk in what colors and patterns you are putting together. Of course you want to feel great and be confident, but who knows what could happen if you wear that outfit you always put on, but take off when you get nervous. Wear the mustard pants! Mix the polka-dots and the stripes! You might surprise yourself as a performer when you feel fabulous in your new and improved outfit.
5. Do a shoe switch!
Maybe you feel totally wonderful in your usual outfit, so give your shoes a switch. Add a heel where you usually go flat, or a boot where you usually go dress shoes.
Need some advice? We’ve got you covered.
- 10 Basic Rules of Stage Combat (That Keep Everyone Safe)
- 5 Advantages of Learning Stage Combat
- Don’t Be a Diva: Common Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them
- 9 Articles of Clothing Every Thespian Should Keep In Their Wardrobe
- What Makes an Actor Website WOW?
- “Is my attitude not getting me roles?” And Other Essential Questions for Actors
- 6 Steps to Memorizing Shakespeare
- 10 Tricks to Staying Healthy All Season Long
- What Does It Take to Break Into Voiceovers?
- 5 Tips for Nailing Your College Music Theatre Audition
- 10 Tips on Owning the Room at Competition
- How to Balance Theatre and Coursework
- The 10 Secrets of Great Understudying
- 10 Items Every Actor Should Carry in Their Rehearsal Bag
- 10 Items Every Dancer Should Keep in Their Rehearsal Bag