Audition Song Suggestions for Little Shop of Horrors – by Character
Written by Tiffany Wilkie
October 2, 2020
All I ever wanted was you and a sweet little house and audition songs for Little Shop of Horrors! Let Performer Stuff’s expert musical theatre audition song coaches find your perfect audition song for Little Shop of Horrors! Our recommendations come with links to purchase sheet music or an audition cut found on PerformerStuff.com. For further study, we provide links to listen to audition songs on both Youtube and a Spotify playlist. Break a leg with your audition for Little Shop of Horrors the musical. Be sure to let us know if an audition song worked for you!
Auditioning for Seymour Krelborn (tenor/high baritone)
An insecure, put-upon florist’s clerk and eventual hero. He is a genuine, well-meaning man who is taken for granted because of his clumsy ways and poor social skills.
“Larger Than Life” from My Favorite Year
“I Chose Right” from Baby
Audition song suggestions for the character Audrey (soprano)
Bleached-blond, Billie-Dawn-like, secret love of Seymour’s life. She has poor self-worth and education, but incredibly good looks and a sweet and vulnerable demeanor.
“History of the Wrong Guys” from Kinky Boots
“I Can Hear the Bells” from Hairspray
Audition song suggestions for the character Orin Scrivello (baritone/bass)
An egotistical dentist with a passion for leather and sadistic tendencies. Audrey’s abusive boyfriend, who is targeted by Seymour.
“Let Me Drown” from The Wild Party
“Great Big Stuff” from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Audition song suggestions for the character Mr. Mushnik (baritone)
The seasoned owner of the failing East Side flower shop and Seymour’s nosy boss. He is profit-driven, greedy, and manipulative.
“If I Were A Rich Man” from Fiddler On The Roof
“Masculinity” from La Cage aux Folles
Audition song suggestions for the characters of Crystal, Ronnette, or Chiffon (mezzo-soprano)
Crystal, Ronnette, and Chiffon are African-American street urchins, acting as the occasional Greek Chorus. Young, hip, and smart, these girls are the only ones who have a grip on reality.
“Up the Ladder to the Roof” from Every Day Rapture
“You Can’t Hurry Love” by The Supremes
“One Fine Day” by Carol King
Audition song suggestions for the Voice of Audrey II, the Plant (baritone)
An actor/vocalist located offstage. The voice is that of a conniving, street-smart ‘villain.’ A funky Rhythm and Blues voice is best.
“Let it Sing” from Violet
“That’s What He Said” from Parade
“I Can’t Get Next to You” by The Temptations
Audition song suggestions for the Ensemble Characters (all vocal types)
Skidrow residents and others.
Audition song suggestions for a Soprano:
“Frank Mills” from Hair
“He’s a Rebel” by The Crystals
Audition song suggestions for a Mezzo:
“Zero to Hero” from Hercules
“It’s My Party” by Lesley Gore
Audition song suggestions for an Alto:
“Good Morning Baltimore” from Hairspray
Audition song suggestions for a Tenor:
“Ladies Choice” from Hairspray
“Memphis Lives In Me” from Memphis
Audition song suggestions for a Baritone:
“Sh-Boom” by The Crew Cuts
“Blue Moon” from The Marcels
Listen to a Spotify playlist of audition songs for the musical Little Shop of Horrors here:
Looking for more material? Check out our other stories below!
- Top Standout Audition Songs for Shrek the Musical
- Fantastic Song Suggestions for The Addams Family Auditions
- Bobby Baby! 16 Musical Theatre Trios for Females
- The Flyin’ Fightin’ Forties: 16 Female Solo Ideas From The WWII Era
- Guys: 25 MORE Wow-Able Solos From Broadway’s Golden Age
- Ladies: 25 MORE Wow-Able Solos From Broadway’s Golden Age
- Top 10 Contemporary Male Audition Cuts
- Top 10 Contemporary Female Audition Cuts
- 10 Monologues for Women Who Speak Their Mind
- 10 Female Monologues From Love-Sick Characters
- 10 Monologues from Male Characters: Fathers, Brothers, and Sons
- 10 Monologues for People Who Have a Bone to Pick
- 10 Great Monologues from LGBTQ-Identifying Characters
- 10 Monologues for Characters Who Have Theatre on the Brain
- 10 Male Monologues from Characters Dealing With Death
- Guys: 25 Wow-Able Solos from Broadway’s Golden Age
- Ladies: 25 Wow-Able Solos from Broadway’s Golden Age