The 7 Stages of Going to a Fitting
Written by Ella Embry
December 18, 2017
We all love that odd combination of nervousness and excitement that follows you as you go to a fitting. Will it fit well? Will it look good? Will you and the costume designer get along? Here are the 7 stages of going to a fitting and finally trying on your costume!
1. Excitement that it’s finally happening
You’ve read the character description and dreamed of what you’ll be wearing and now you finally get to find out!
2. Rushed panic to get there on time
Oh no. You lost track of time and now you have to SPEED WALK SO YOU’RE NOT LATE.
3. Awkwardly waiting while you’re trying to find the right person to talk to
Maybe they’re someone else in the fitting room… or maybe you just don’t know who the costume designer is yet. Either way, this is a little awkward.
4. Sheer joy (or horror) of getting to see your costume for the first time
It’s everything you could have dreamed of and more…
5. Carefully changing clothes so you don’t flash anyone
Sure there’s a privacy curtain but you want to make doubly sure nothing embarrassing happens.
6. Uncomfortably asking for help when something inevitably doesn’t fit quite right
Well, it looks like you’re being pinned in instead of zipped in – here’s hoping none of the pins come undone and stab you.
7. Seeing yourself in the mirror and basking in how awesome you look
Who cares that there’s a month left of rehearsal – you’re ready to be on stage in this NOW!
Like articles like this? Check out more below!
- 11 Things You’ve Experienced Being in the Ensemble
- 12 Times Broadway Soundtracks Made Us Cry Ugly Tears
- 10 Star Wars Roles We Wish We Could Play
- 10 Broadway Couples We Ship for Valentine’s Day
- Theatre Pickup Lines We’re DYING Over
- 10 Times Patti LuPone Totally Got You
- Statements That Make Theatre Kids Cringe
- 10 Experiences Actors Have (That May Baffle Non-Actors)
- Ten Scariest Broadway Villains
- The 15 Worst Kinds of Theatre People
- The Ten Commandments for Actors
- You Might Be a Theatre Kid If…