8 Things We’ve All Done When We’re Falling Asleep in Rehearsal
Written by Tatiana Rodriguez
January 9, 2018
It’s that time of year. If you’ve started work on a production, you’ve probably found yourself struggling through at least one sleepless night. But no worries! It’s apart of the theatrical process. You’re in need of your beauty sleep! And it can be difficult to stay awake in rehearsal for hours a day.
1. Deny it: Me? Tired? Psshh, I don’t need sleep.
2. Avoid it: Caffeinate, caffeinate, caffeinate.
3. Ignore it: Let me just reread the same line in my script over and over and over…
4. Day dream about it: One day… soon-ish maybe…
5. Power-through it: Maybe if I just take a quick cat nap?
6. Embrace it: You know what they say, “no sleep for the wicked.”
7. Own up to it: I think maybe it’s time for me to get some S-L-E-E-P.
8. Give in to it: 9 hours later, we have a completely new human being… or so we hope.
Like articles like this? Check out more below!
- 11 Things You’ve Experienced Being in the Ensemble
- 12 Times Broadway Soundtracks Made Us Cry Ugly Tears
- 10 Star Wars Roles We Wish We Could Play
- 10 Broadway Couples We Ship for Valentine’s Day
- Theatre Pickup Lines We’re DYING Over
- 10 Times Patti LuPone Totally Got You
- Statements That Make Theatre Kids Cringe
- 10 Experiences Actors Have (That May Baffle Non-Actors)
- Ten Scariest Broadway Villains
- The 15 Worst Kinds of Theatre People
- The Ten Commandments for Actors
- You Might Be a Theatre Kid If…